Follow up Friday - Week of May 19-23
It has been a busy week in our office with three of our staff on mission trips with their athletes and coaches, as well as being in the midst of planning and recruiting for five camps, the Betty Probasco FCA Golf Classic, and our Labor Day 5K/10K for FCA.
One mission team is scheduled to come back Sunday and the other one returns Tuesday.
- Chris and Julie left last Sunday and will be returning this Sunday with their UTC FCA group. I spoke with several of the team members earlier today and they reported that they have been doing a lot of painting this week. Earlier in the week they did Bible studies with the kids. This morning, they were able to have a special time of prayer over the Haitian refugees and the island. Pictured on the right is one of the UTC Women's Basketball players, Ashlen Dewart, with several of the Haitian refugee girls.
- Will was supposed to leave for his mission trip Tuesday night, but due to several airline delays, they were not able to leave until yesterday. He will be working on several construction projects in the Dominican Republic as well as discipling boys on the mission team and in the Dominican orphanage. He will be returning Tuesday night.
How can you help?
- Mission Trips - that the natives will see Christ's love and accept Him as Savior, that our mission teams will grow spiritually throughout the week, and safe travel as each team comes back to the States
- Summer Events - that God would show us His plans and send who He wants to be at each camp, golf tournament, and 5K; for our rest and focus for our staff; safety for the teams and staff who will be traveling to each camp; and that God would work throughout each event so that athletes and coaches will enter into relationships with Him.
- Golf Tournament - at registration or to help on the course
- Camps - contact the FCA office if you are interested in serving at FCA camps
We are thankful to have partners like you in the Chattanooga FCA ministry!
Posted on Fri, May 23, 2014
by Laura O'Dell